Thursday, January 05, 2006

You Never Know

You never know how much you’ll miss the internet until you don’t have it for a long time.

Nearly four months have passed since I last blogged. One would think I had so much to write about I’d be typing away like a mad woman. Problem is, I have so much to write about, I don’t know where to start!

So let me begin with an announcement that will come as no surprise to many of you. While Jeff and Tucker and I were toting our belongings around from place to place, dodging the wrath and aftermath of Rita, we found out that I’m pregnant!

And yesterday, I was surprised and totally elated to find out…

We’re having a GIRL!

Wow. You never know when God is up to something special. Last night, (Wednesday) I was leading a small group during our high-school youth meeting at church, and we talked about how

God is greater than any situation you will ever encounter.

On September 21st, we left our apartment thinking we’d only be evacuated for the weekend. The storm wasn’t supposed to be heading our direction. Now, just a few months later, our lives have completely changed.

During those first few weeks after returning to this area and witnessing the devastation, and finding a new place to live, and –for Jeff – a new job, I had a hard time looking around and saying “yep, it looks like God is up to something wonderful.”

But in hindsight, I can see that He was making some changes in our lives that would end up blessing us and helping us prepare for our little one coming in May.

And as I laid there yesterday, watching our little girl move around on the ultra-sound screen, and seeing Jeff grin from ear to ear – I thought,
Wow, God was up to something wonderful!”

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Dear Shannon and Jeff,

Congratulations!

We celebrate with you both in the news you'll soon be parents of a little girl.

Life is just about to get really exciting. What a blessing children truly are and a heritage that will live on!

Thank you Lord for this little blessing, protect this little one as she grows and becomes mature for life outside the womb. You created her Lord, formed her and you have set a purpose out for her life. May that purpose be realized and may she be a true reflection of You! May she Bless Your Name OH Lord!
Thank you for the gift of Life, thank you for blessing our dear friends Jeff and Shannon.
We Bless Your Name Lord!
Amen.........

Love to you three! Melissa Hughes

A. Noel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A. Noel said...

wonderful...and such fantastico news!!!

Hollie Carson said...

How sweet was that moment when you saw here moving around?!! Your own flesh and blood!!! That's so wonderful, and I'm more than thrilled for ya'll. I'm also excited that you're going to venture this path before me...that way, I can call you up and ask you a million questions!! love you three!